Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87540 Statistical Methods and Analysis
This course provides instruction on the calculation, use, and interpretation of descriptive and inferential statistics. The focus of study emphasizes the application and interpretation of statistical tests in conducting research at the graduate level. Inferential statistics and their application to research design are introduced. Both parametric and non-parametric approaches to the analysis of data are discussed.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Assess the concepts underlying appropriate use of various research methodologies
- Analyze how to recognize the inappropriate or deceptive use of research methodology
- Compare/contrast the basic assumptions underlying various statistical operations
- Summarize the consequences of using various methodological approaches
- Differentiate between the appropriate and inappropriate application and interpretation of research methods and statistics
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology