Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87551 Positive Psychology II
This course further explores the scientific study of human strengths and virtues. Although seeking to increase objective knowledge in this domain, the focus of study for this course is in applying such knowledge to help individuals, couples, and families to function more effectively and to provide interventions for their enhanced wellness, job satisfaction and self-fulfillment in the workplace.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Analyze the Maslach Burnout Inventory and its usefulness in assessing and treating burnout
- Identify three methods for increasing resilience among mental health practitioners including peer supervision, journaling, and mindfulness training
- Assess personality styles which enhance growth and self actualization
- Synthesize multicultural counseling with positive psychology aims and goals
- Examine narrative therapy as a tool for personal growth with clients
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology