Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87560 Media Psychology: Writing, Publishing and Promoting a Self-Help Book
This course guides Learners in the creation of a self-help book proposal, suitable for submission to a book publisher. Learners who take this course will become informed about the process of writing, publishing, and promoting a book.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Identify a topic suitable for a new self-help book
- Create an annotated table of contents for the proposed book
- Compose two to three sample chapters
- Integrate the above elements into a potentially saleable book proposal
- Prepare a market analysis explaining why the proposed book fills a unique niche and why it would be saleable
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology