Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87702 Psychological Assessment I
This course provides an introduction to the use of intelligence and personality assessment. The focus of study reviews widely used tests and how those tests are constructed, administered, and scored. Learners will learn the fundamentals of understanding and interpreting test results.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Analyze and interpret psychosocial assessments
- Assess and summarize appropriate recommendations to clients based upon test results
- Create a psychological assessment report
- Assess the ethical issues involved in testing
- Synthesize psychological test information, behavioral observations, and psychosocial history into a comprehensive test report
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology