Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 88000 Internship
This course is designed for those Learners who have completed all academic requirements for the PsyD program and who wish to participate in a pre-doctoral internship for one year (1500 hours). The Internship provides continued structured clinical training experience under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Psychologist beyond the Practicum.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the internet
- Analyze appropriate diagnostic and assessment procedures in counseling sessions
- Apply appropriate record keeping in therapy
- Integrate a theoretical orientation in assessing cases
- Analyze counseling experience through the use of a personal journal
- Apply professional and ethical behavior
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology