Single Master’s-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, organizational psychology, marriage and family therapy and psychopathology.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in a master’s-level degree program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
MFT 86504B Ethical and Legal Issues in Therapy
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Distinguish the major issues related to sound and professional practice
- Integrate the ethical principles of marriage and family therapists and licensed professional clinical counselors
- Illustrate California and other state laws regulating the license to practice as an MFT and LPCC
- Formulate cultural issues and research findings relevant to ethical clinical practice
- Explain the training, supervision, and state licensing requirements
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of psychology