Single Master’s-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, organizational psychology, marriage and family therapy and psychopathology.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in a master’s-level degree program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87529 Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
This course addresses the development of the MBTI, its administration, scoring, and interpretation, as well as its use in therapeutic, business, and/or educational settings. Professional ethics, current research, and multicultural perspectives will be examined.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Develop an understanding of type theory
- Illustrate the ability to administer and score MBTI
- Compare and contrast type theory to MBTI results
- Consider legal and ethical issues and multicultural influences on various personality types
- Formulate type theory in written reports of MBTI results and apply to therapeutic, educational and/or organizational settings
- Integrate current research in the assessment and application of the MBTI
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Evaluate, incorporate and demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology