Single Master’s-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, organizational psychology, marriage and family therapy and psychopathology.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in a master’s-level degree program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 88002 Applied Concepts
This course is designed for those Learners who have completed all academic requirements for the MS Degree Program, with the exception of the Master's Thesis. In this course the learner will be required to apply concepts of psychopathological constructs, counseling theories, multicultural aspects and cultural, legal and ethical issues in mental health.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Demonstrate competence in counseling theories
- Demonstrate competence in psychopathology
- Demonstrate competence in psychotherapeutic interventions
- Demonstrate competence in legal and ethical issues of mental health
- Demonstrate competence in culture and diversity
- Demonstrate competence in research analysis
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Evaluate, incorporate and demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology
- Demonstate a general understanding of the course concepts covered in this week's readings
- Deliver an effective oral presentation through an informative and persuasive presentation