Single Undergraduate Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as cognition and the brain, addiction, abnormal psychology, marriage and family therapy and business psychology.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 2106 Psychology of Communication
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Examine both verbal and non-verbal communication
- Describe strategies of active listening and assertive skills to daily living
- Analyze healthy boundaries and fundamental strategies for conflict resolution
- Apply research findings in the study of interpersonal communication
- Illustrate an understanding of culture and diversity in communication
- Recognize ethical issues of interpersonal communication
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of psychology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology