Single Undergraduate Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as cognition and the brain, addiction, abnormal psychology, marriage and family therapy and business psychology.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 2400 Introduction to Social Psychology
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Compare and contrast theories of social psychology
- Integrate current research in social psychology
- Explore the nature of aggression in societies
- Describe various social and perceptual biases, stereotypes and social conformity
- Examine the impact of gender and cultural diversity on social behavior
- Recognize legal and ethical issues in social psychology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Evaluate, incorporate and demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology
Learners will understand major concepts of…
· Social psychology
· Social thinking
· Social influence
· Social relations