Single Undergraduate Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as cognition and the brain, addiction, abnormal psychology, marriage and family therapy and business psychology.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 2505 Cognition and the Brain
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Identify basic brain structures and related functions
- Examine sensory and motor divisions of the nervous system
- Describe how drugs and hormones influence behavior
- Discriminate the neurological aspects of behavior and emotion
- Interpret and apply research on brain behavior
- Identify relevance of language and culture on cognition and memory
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Evaluate, incorporate and demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology