Master of Science in Law Degree Courses at CalSouthern
The following law degree courses comprise the Master of Science in Law (MSL) program at CalSouthern. The online MSL degree program covers the major substantive areas of U.S. law (as well as the basic principles of international law), with courses ranging from torts, contracts, property, and constitutional law to domestic relations and intellectual property.
MSL 86350 Business Associations
- Evaluate and understand law of agency in business organizations including formation, liability of agents and principals to third parties, and termination of the agency relationship.
- Examine and identify characteristics of various business entities including sole proprietorship, general partnership, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations.
- Evaluate and comprehend the formation, management, and financing of corporations.
- Examine public corporations and various securities regulations.
- Analyze merger, acquisitions, and other changes to the corporate structure.
- Evaluate and understand the requirements for foreign corporation qualification and withdrawal from doing business as a foreign corporation.
- Examine and comprehend corporate dissolution.
- Evaluate and understand employee benefit plans and employment agreements.
- Conduct research and identify relevant materials for your chosen topic.
- Integrate course concepts in the form of a Final Paper.
- Integrate course concepts through interaction and discussion with learners and Mentor.
- Integrate course concepts in the form of a paper, mid-term assignment or movie critique by evaluating and analyzing selective, relevant material(s) and resource(s).
- Deliver an effective oral presentation through an informative and persuasive presentation