Master of Science in Law Degree Courses at CalSouthern
The following law degree courses comprise the Master of Science in Law (MSL) program at CalSouthern. The online MSL degree program covers the major substantive areas of U.S. law (as well as the basic principles of international law), with courses ranging from torts, contracts, property, and constitutional law to domestic relations and intellectual property.
MSL 86550 Immigration Law
- Synthesize course concepts through interaction and discussion with other Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Evaluate citizenship, and the agencies and courts responsible for immigration practice.
- Evaluate the qualifying categories for admissions.
- Assess the grounds for inadmissibility and requirements for deportability.
- Examine procedures for admission.
- Examine conditions for relief from removal and the rights of unauthorized migrants.
- Evaluate direct and indirect methods of enforcement and control of migration to the United States.
- Evaluate detention and court review for removal proceedings of non-citizens.
- Examine reasons for refugee and asylum programs.
- Integrate course concepts in the form of a paper, mid-term assignment or movie critique by evaluating and analyzing selective, relevant material(s) and resource(s).