School of Behavioral Sciences Faculty
The faculty mentors in CalSouthern’s School of Behavioral Sciences are skilled and experienced clinicians as well as dedicated, responsive and highly credentialed educators.
They will be there for you—via phone, email or Skype—to answer any questions you may have and to help you master the course material. And, equally important, they will help you take the concepts you learn and apply them to resolve challenges commonly faced in clinical practice today.
CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are positive, encouraging and supportive—and entirely dedicated to your academic and professional success.
Linda Salvucci, PhD
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Addiction, chronic illness, neuropsychology, psychopharmacology.
Dr. Salvucci has more than 29 years of experience in the behavioral health field. She has worked in a variety of different settings, including state institutions, prisons, hospitals, private agencies, community mental health agencies, and addiction treatment centers. She has held a variety of positions, such as detoxification technician, crisis therapist, primary therapist, clinical director and program director, in addition to providing consultation services. Currently, Dr. Salvucci is the clinical director of a mental health and substance abuse clinic in the Phoenix area.
In addition to the education noted above, Dr. Salvucci has completed post-doctoral training in Clinical Psychopharmacology from Fairleigh Dickinson University and also been trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Dr. Salvucci enjoys hiking, deep-sea fishing, and traveling in her spare time.
PhD Psychology and Clinical Psychology, Capella University, Minnesota; MA Counseling Psychology, Goddard College, Vermont; BA Psychology, Drake University, Iowa
- MFT 86700 - Psychopharmacology
- PSY 2306 - Foundations of Addiction
- PSY 2308 - Counseling and Treatment of the Chemically Dependent
- PSY 2311 - Alcohol, Drugs, Family and Culture
- PSY 2313 - Families and Addiction
- PSY 2315 - Preparation Course for CAADAC Certification
- PSY 2507 - Case Management: Assessment, Treatment Planning, Relapse Prevention and Aftercare
- PSY 2508 - Supervised Practicum & Fieldwork
- PSY 87524 - Cognition, Emotion and Motivation
- PSY 87538 - Advanced Psychology of Addiction and Compulsive Behaviors
- PSY 87700 - Psychopharmacology
- PSY 87701 - Physiological Psychology
- PSY 89997A - Doctoral Project I
- PSY 89997B - Doctoral Project II
- PSY 89998A - Doctoral Project III
- PSY 89998B - Doctoral Project IV
- PSY 89999 - Doctoral Project V