California Southern University is a global online Institution. We prepare learners to succeed in a world that we have yet to imagine. We do this through active learning, respecting diversity, and promoting intellectual freedom.
CalSouthern fulfills its mission by:
- Delivering instruction through online education by monitoring, evaluating and reporting the learner’s academic progress through a faculty mentoring relationship in each course.
- Providing learners the opportunity to understand facts and ideas, to think analytically, and to reason and express conclusions clearly.
- Promoting intellectual inquiry that enhances the cultural, social, and professional development of the learner.
- Broadening the scope and depth of the learner’s knowledge in the various fields of study.
- Providing an opportunity for personal enrichment.
- Providing education in fields where a demonstrated need has been identified.
- Provide degree programs that combine traditional modes of education in an online format to enable learners to meet their academic, professional, and personal goals.
- Provide quality instruction for the development of essential skills in the areas of the behavioral sciences, business, criminal justice, education, and nursing.
- Maintain flexibility in the delivery of programs to meet the needs of the university’s learners.
- Foster an awareness of and respect for diversity by maintaining an atmosphere of respect and acceptance for the diverse world in which our learners live and work.
- Maintain an institutional culture characterized by candor, transparency, and best professional practices.
- Demonstrate adherence to ethical standards while providing academic support and intellectual freedom.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
During the course of study at CalSouthern, each learner is expected to:
- Apply specific subject matter in a chosen field of study that leads to personal and professional development.
- Utilize a variety of information accurately and appropriately.
- Effectively communicate in writing across settings, purposes, and audiences.
- Effectively communicate orally, demonstrating well organized thoughts, ideas, and opinions in a coherent presentation.
- Apply the use of logic, numbers and/or mathematics to a scientific system of inquiry from which to draw logical conclusions.
- Make informed decisions that meet professional standards of ethical and legal behavior.
- Exercise critical thinking and reasoning in judgment, decision making, and problem solving.
- Integrate awareness of cultural diversity issues in a global society.
California Southern University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which is one of six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Regional accreditation is the most highly respected and recognized form of accreditation in the United States, and it provides students with a number of important benefits and opportunities.