The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program provides a broad view of organizational performance from the general management perspective. It offers an innovative curriculum designed to develop skills needed for effective leadership and management. Learners may build their own degree by selecting a concentration in financial management, human resources management, healthcare administration, international business, management, project management, or strategic leadership. CalSouthern’s intensive curriculum provides the essential management skills to succeed in any career. The program focuses on leadership, communication, the fundamentals of business, and analytical skills.
- Credits required: 36
- Cost per credit: $545
- Program length: 2 years (full-time status)
- Max transfer credits: 6 credits
Time to degree completion can be accelerated by taking multiple courses in a term and through credits accepted in transfer.
What you’ll learn
Integrate management theories and practices in organizational performance.
Construct and optimize business opportunities within competitive global markets.
Facilitate the use of appropriate technologies for inquiry and problem-solving.
Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development.
Establish interdisciplinary teamwork and collaborative work environments.
Analyze complex business concepts and provide ethical solutions for organizational challenges.
Master of Business Administration Degree Requirements
|Required MBA Courses||21|
|MBA Concentration Courses||15|
|TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR THE MBA||36|
Courses + Credits
Below you’ll find the required courses offered by the CalSouthern School of Business and Management for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program. By taking 15 credits of elective courses, you can focus your studies in a particular area of concentration and earn your Master of Business Administration degree with a concentration in: financial management, healthcare administration, human resource management, international business, management, project management and strategic leadership.
Required Core Courses
- ECO 86501 Economics for Organizational Management — 3-credits
- MGT 86500 Business Organization and Management — 3-credits
- MGT 86512 Managerial Accounting for Decision Making — 3-credits
- MGT 86519 Ethics in Business — 3-credits
- MIS 86510 Applied Data Analysis — 3-credits
- MKT 86502 Marketing Management — 3-credits
- CAP 89000 MBA Capstone — 3-credits
MBA Concentration Courses
Financial Management Concentration
- ACT 87515 Financial Statement Analysis — 3-credits
- ECO 87501 Managerial Economics — 3-credits
- FIN 86505 Corporate Finance — 3-credits
- FIN 86507 Lending in Consumer and Corporate Markets — 3-credits
- FIN 86509 Management in Banking and Financial Services — 3-credits
- FIN 87513 Investment Management — 3-credits
- FIN 87514 Financial Institutions — 3-credits
- FIN 87516 Capital Markets — 3-credits
- FIN 87518 Behavioral Corporate Finance — 3-credits
Healthcare Administration Concentration
- HCA 86800 Healthcare Administration — 3-credits
- HCA 86802 Healthcare Compliance, Law and Ethics — 3-credits
- HCA 86804 Healthcare Economics — 3-credits
- HCA 86806 Managing Epidemiology — 3-credits
- HCA 86810 Healthcare Informatics — 3-credits
- HCA 86812 Quality Control in Healthcare — 3-credits
- HCA 86814 Cultural Diversity in Healthcare — 3-credits
Human Resource Management Concentration
- HRM 86503 Human Resource Management — 3-credits
- HRM 57502 Compensation Issues in Human Resource Management — 3-credits
- HRM 87503 Labor Relations — 3-credits
- HRM 87504 Supervisory Concepts and Practice — 3-credits
- HRM 87505 Effective Training and E-Learning — 3-credits
International Business Concentration
- IB 87512 International Economics — 3-credits
- IB 87513 International Marketing — 3-credits
- IB 87514 Cultural Environment of International Business — 3-credits
- IB 87517 International Business Law — 3-credits
- IB 87518 International Financial Management — 3-credits
- MGT 86200 Professional Women in Today’s Business Environment — 3-credits
- MGT 86250 Entrepreneurship: A Woman’s Prospective — 3-credits
- MGT 86506 Organizational Behavior — 3-credits
- MGT 86507 Strategic Management — 3-credits
- MGT 86510 Statistical Analysis — 3-credits
- MGT 86535 Management of Change — 3-credits
- MGT 86536 Cross Cultural Management — 3-credits
- MGT 86537 Management of Information Systems for Managers — 3-credits
- MGT 87510 Technology Concepts for Managers — 3-credits
- MGT 87515 Coordinating and Managing Supply Chains — 3-credits
- MGT 87545 Managing, Organizing and Negotiating for Value — 3-credits
Project Management Concentration
- MGT 86529 Project Management — 3-credits
- PM 86900 Project Management Concepts and Essentials — 3-credits
- PM 86901 Project Management Strategic Design — 3-credits
- PM 86902 Project Management Organization — 3-credits
- PM 86903 Project Management Integration — 3-credits
- PM 86910 PM Capstone — 3-credits
Strategic Leadership Concentration
- SLDR 86000 Essential Concepts for Strategic Management and Leadership — 3-credits
- SLDR 86001 Role of Leadership in Strategic Management Communications — 3-credits
- SLDR 86002 Effective Human Relations Skills for Leaders — 3-credits
- SLDR 86003 Leadership for Promoting Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility — 3-credits
- SLDR 86004 Conflict Management Strategies and Resolution — 3-credits
- SLDR 86005 Leadership Strategies for Developing High Performance Teams — 3-credits
- SLDR 86006 Customer Service Leadership — 3-credits
The CalSouthern MBA coursework is very challenging, the topics are relevant and applicable, and the online learning process is conducive to understanding the material and applying it without artificial constraints and stress.
– Christian Hessler, MBA
Accreditation & Approvals
California Southern University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which is one of six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Regional accreditation is the most highly respected and recognized form of accreditation in the United States, and it provides students with a number of important benefits and opportunities. www.wscuc.org
Please visit the Accreditation & Licensure page to learn more.