The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program provides a broad view of organizational performance from the general management perspective. It offers an innovative curriculum designed to develop skills needed for effective leadership and management. Learners may build their own degree by selecting a concentration in financial management, human resources management, healthcare administration, international business, management, project management, or strategic leadership. CalSouthern’s intensive curriculum provides the essential management skills to succeed in any career. The program focuses on leadership, communication, the fundamentals of business, and analytical skills.
- Credits required: 36
- Cost per credit: $545
- Program length: 2 years (full-time status)
- Max transfer credits: 6 credits
Time to degree completion can be accelerated by taking multiple courses in a term and through credits accepted in transfer.
What you’ll learn
Integrate management theories and practices in organizational performance.
Construct and optimize business opportunities within competitive global markets.
Facilitate the use of appropriate technologies for inquiry and problem-solving.
Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development.
Establish interdisciplinary teamwork and collaborative work environments.
Analyze complex business concepts and provide ethical solutions for organizational challenges.
Master of Business Administration Degree Requirements
|Required MBA Courses||21|
|MBA Concentration Courses||15|
|TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR THE MBA||36|
Courses + Credits
Below you’ll find the required courses offered by the CalSouthern School of Business and Management for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program. By taking 15 credits of elective courses, you can focus your studies in a particular area of concentration and earn your Master of Business Administration degree with a concentration in: financial management, healthcare administration, human resource management, international business, management, project management and strategic leadership.
Required Core Courses
- ECO 6501 Economics for Organizational Management — 3-credits
- MGT 6500 Business Organization and Management — 3-credits
- MGT 6512 Managerial Accounting for Decision Making — 3-credits
- MGT 6519 Ethics in Business — 3-credits
- MIS 6510 Applied Data Analysis — 3-credits
- MKT 6502 Marketing Management — 3-credits
- CAP 8900 MBA Capstone — 3-credits
MBA Concentration Courses
Financial Management Concentration
- ACT 6515 Financial Statement Analysis — 3-credits
- ECO 6501 Managerial Economics — 3-credits
- FIN 6505 Corporate Finance — 3-credits
- FIN 6507 Lending in Consumer and Corporate Markets — 3-credits
- FIN 6509 Management in Banking and Financial Services — 3-credits
- FIN 6513 Investment Management — 3-credits
- FIN 6514 Financial Institutions — 3-credits
- FIN 6516 Capital Markets — 3-credits
- FIN 6518 Behavioral Corporate Finance — 3-credits
Healthcare Administration Concentration
- HCA 6800 Healthcare Administration — 3-credits
- HCA 6802 Healthcare Compliance, Law and Ethics — 3-credits
- HCA 6804 Healthcare Economics — 3-credits
- HCA 6806 Managing Epidemiology — 3-credits
- HCA 6810 Healthcare Informatics — 3-credits
- HCA 6812 Quality Control in Healthcare — 3-credits
- HCA 6814 Cultural Diversity in Healthcare — 3-credits
Human Resource Management Concentration
- HRM 6603 Human Resource Management — 3-credits
- HRM 6502 Compensation Issues in Human Resource Management — 3-credits
- HRM 6503 Labor Relations — 3-credits
- HRM 6504 Supervisory Concepts and Practice — 3-credits
- HRM 6505 Effective Training and E-Learning — 3-credits
International Business Concentration
- IB 6512 International Economics — 3-credits
- IB 6513 International Marketing — 3-credits
- IB 6514 Cultural Environment of International Business — 3-credits
- IB 6517 International Business Law — 3-credits
- IB 6518 International Financial Management — 3-credits
- MGT 6200 Professional Women in Today’s Business Environment — 3-credits
- MGT 6250 Entrepreneurship: A Woman’s Prospective — 3-credits
- MGT 6506 Organizational Behavior — 3-credits
- MGT 6507 Strategic Management — 3-credits
- MGT 4510 Statistical Analysis — 3-credits
- MGT 6535 Management of Change — 3-credits
- MGT 6536 Cross Cultural Management — 3-credits
- MGT 6537 Management of Information Systems for Managers — 3-credits
- MGT 6510 Technology Concepts for Managers — 3-credits
- MGT 7515 Information, Organization, and Strategy — 3-credits
- MGT 6545 Managing, Organizing, and Negotiating for Value — 3-credits
Project Management Concentration
- MGT 6529 Project Management — 3-credits
- PM 6900 Project Management Concepts and Essentials — 3-credits
- PM 6901 Project Management Strategic Design — 3-credits
- PM 6902 Project Management Organization — 3-credits
- PM 6903 Project Management Integration — 3-credits
- PM 6910 Project Management Capstone — 3-credits
Strategic Leadership Concentration
- SLDR 6600 Essential Concepts for Strategic Management and Leadership — 3-credits
- SLDR 6601 Role of Leadership in Strategic Management Communications — 3-credits
- SLDR 6602 Effective Human Relations Skills for Leaders — 3-credits
- SLDR 6603 Leadership for Promoting Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility — 3-credits
- SLDR 6604 Conflict Management Strategies and Resolution — 3-credits
- SLDR 6605 Leadership Strategies for Developing High Performance Teams — 3-credits
- SLDR 6606 Customer Service Leadership — 3-credits
The CalSouthern MBA coursework is very challenging, the topics are relevant and applicable, and the online learning process is conducive to understanding the material and applying it without artificial constraints and stress.
– Christian Hessler, MBA
Accreditation & Approvals
California Southern University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which is one of six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Regional accreditation is the most highly respected and recognized form of accreditation in the United States, and it provides students with a number of important benefits and opportunities. www.wscuc.org
California Southern University’s Bachelor, Master, and Doctor in Business Administration are accredited through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). www.acbsp.org
Please visit the Accreditation & Licensure page to learn more.